Saturday, November 07, 2009

where moth and rust destroy

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal." Matthew 6:19
I often see the bumper sticker "Whoever has the most toys when he dies wins!" I suggest that are earthly toys are one class of dirt in our lives. These things, no matter how much we hold on to them now really have little value.

Now let's consider the other end of the specturm - your treasures. What is it that you treasure? Can it be stolen from you? Lost? If so perhaps you perhaps you should treasure other things.

This butterfly gave me quite a chase, I have many 'almost great' shots of it, and this one as well, which I think is pretty good. When trying to grab a portrait of a critter like this, longer focal lengths are handy because it lets you get further away so you are less likely to scare them.

P.S. I am not an entomologist, but I am pretty sure this is a buttefly and not moth but I couldn't find a reference to butterflies.


1/100 f/5 ISO 400 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 200 mm Canon EOS 40D
Hawaii

No comments: