Friday, October 30, 2009

What's he doing Mama?

Do you find that horses, more than most other animals seem to be thinking when they look at you? Douglas Hofstadter, in his book "I am a Strange Loop", talked about the idea that various animals have different sized souls. Perhaps within the animal kingdom, horses are larger than most. This not-so-little foul was bery curious about what I was up to, but never ventured out from behind his mother's 'skirt'. Mom seemed to keep a pretty focused eye on me as well.

The black and white conversion was done in Lightroom. Since the horse in the back was much redder than the foul, I lightened her up to give more tonal separation. If I had a choice I would have preferred to not chop the nose of the rear horse, but my timing (and the foul's) was just a little off.


1/400 f/4.5 ISO 400 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 120 mm Canon EOS 40D
Schickendantz farms,Markham,Ontario

No comments: