Thursday, October 29, 2009

Land of the White Birch

In school and also in my early music lessons, we sang or played the song "Land of the Silver Birch". This image was captured near Sudbury. The song speaks of Moose, Beaver and rocky shores. Sounds like a pretty apt description of Sudbury.

One thing I noticed with this image is that there was severe purple fringing along the boundaries between the white bark and the dark shadows.  This once taken with one of my older (and cheaper) lenses. Chromatic aberations like that are a common artifact.

I like the white birch as a subject, and there is more I'd like to do with it. So I will return once more.
Boom de de boom boom.


1/640 f/5.6 ISO 200 75.0-300.0 mm @ 300 mm Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Sudbury,Ontario

1 comment:

Zenith said...

The White Birch trees and in particular this composition is kind of a classic one. Have you seen how it looks in B/W?