Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Project365 319: Coffee and Cream

Continuing to explore the Coffee theme, I present Coffee and Cream. I did considerable experimentation in my makeshift studio to get an effect I liked.

There is a flash in the upper left and another directly behind the mug. The flashes were gelled with two different shades of yellow and then the white balance was shifted to make them appear more like coffee brown. Ultimately I was looking for a duo-tone result which I think looks pretty good.


Coffee and Cream

1/50 f/8 67 mm
Canon EOS 40D, EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM

2 comments:

Zenith said...

Nice shot Terry, Anyway to get rid of the shadow by positioning the flashes differently?

Terry said...

Yes, it should be possible, but much easier to do with a ring flash. However, I wanted the shadow. 'Light illuminates, shadows define'.