Saturday, July 23, 2011

Project365 202: My History

This is the oldest family owned farm in York Region (as far as I know). It has been continuously owned by a member of my family for 205 years. So my agricultural roots are deep. Certainly lots has changed. The granary bins that are visible in the background are a modern addition. The peak of the 105-year old barn just peaks over the roof.


My History
1/500 f/7.1 ISO 400 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 60 mm Canon EOS 40D
Leslie and Stouffville Rd.,Richmond Hill,Ontario

Here is a different perspective of the house and I cannot take credit for it as it was envisioned and taken by Barb, not me. She has a good eye. This is 3-image HDR. We wanted to include the flowers in the foreground and I didn't bring a flash.


Her Viewpoint
f/14 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 47 mm Canon EOS 40D

Leslie and Stouffville Rd.,Richmond Hill,Ontario

Barn raising of the Doner Homestead barn, Gormley, Ontario, 1906. I would have liked to have been there.

Barn Raising
Homestead,Gormley,Ontario

No comments: