Wednesday, June 08, 2011

#Project365 159: Man at Massey Hall

I took several shots of these doors. I originally didn't any people in the shot but when I was making my selection for the day I changed my mind.

The more difficult choice however was that he originally was in a landscape oriented shot and I wanted to go with the vertical composition. I applied a little photoshop to copy him from the one image to the other. He was in the right spot - wrong image. I also removed a traffic cone while I was at it.

Tip for the day: When is the best time to make a vertical image? Answer: Right after you have made a horizontal image! Just in case you want the other orientation for some reason.

P.s. for those keeping score, this wasn't on my shot list either.


Man at Massey Hall
1/1000 f/4.5 ISO 400 EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18 mm Canon EOS 40D
Massey Hall,Toronto,Ontario
Ps used to merge two images - man copied from landscape to portrait shot

No comments: