Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Project365 144: Tulip Wave

One of the things that I am coming to realize is the perfection doesn't necessarily mean the image has critical sharpness anywhere. In this image there is more blur to the left than in the upper right third, but even that is not tack sharp; there is just a hint of sharpness. It is going to take some time to get my head around that idea when actually composing a shot.

The process I am trying is to first compose the shot with the lens set straight and the focus. Then tilt the lens to the desired amount and tweak the focus. I find it helpful to go into live view at 5x magnification so I can do the tweak. I steer the magnification window to match where I steered the sweet spot. I have been doing this hand held but it might be easier to do on a tripod.
 

Tulip Wave
1/250 ISO 400 @ Canon EOS 40D
Wellington and York,Toronto,Ontario
Lensbaby Composer f/4

No comments: