Monday, May 23, 2011

Project365 143: "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?"

"How do I get to Carnegie Hall? Practice. Practice. Practice." - Arthur Rubinstein 
One of the main reasons for me doing project 365 was to force me into to trying some things that are new or difficult. The infrared I did the last two days was one such example, and although there is a lot to learn there, I felt I got decent results pretty quickly.

There is another piece of kit sitting in my bag that I also received as a gift a while back that I have not had such success with; a Lensbaby Composer. I have seen work from other people that I thought was good, but I haven't been able to make it work for me. What I need is to spend some concentrated time to learn how.

The point of the Lensbaby is to get one portion in focus, but others portions wildly out of focus. It is going to take some practice.


"How do I get to Carnegie Hall?"
1/80 ISO 400 @ Canon EOS 40D
Richmond Hill,Ontario
Lensbaby Composer f/4

No comments: