Saturday, May 07, 2011

Back Alley

A lone smoker in a dingy back alley.


Back Alley
Jordan and Melinda,Toronto,Ontario

I did a lot from the original to make this image. Pixels were severly tortured. As my work is not photojournalism I am free to manipulate it to my liking. What did I do? I cloned out an pedestrian, a security camera, and an AC unit. The tonal balance was shifted significantly. Photoshop was used for most of that work, plus a bit of Lightroom. The "film noir" preset from Silver Efex Pro2, a little more tone shifting and framing.

2 comments:

Zenith said...

Hi Terry,

Back Alley - A very powerful photograph - the monotones and the back of the individual and the lone tree (leafless) speaks volumes about the scene... I would think of a more powerful "literary" title... a very solid photo of the day!!

Terry said...

Thanks. Titles can be hard. Open to suggestions from anybody!