Thursday, March 03, 2011

Project365 062: "Fifty-Five" and "Walking into the Light"

Yesterday's image was taken through the window of the Bymark restaurant on the upper level. Who figured that out?

Today's main picture has had the colours shifted - because I liked it that way. ;-)


1/80 f/3.5 ISO 400 EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18 mm Canon EOS 40D


So far I have usually kept my picks to one per day, but I really liked the way this turned out and it was the result of just playing around. Many famous street photographers 'shoot from the hip', which means they take pictures discretely by not raising the camera to their eye. They shoot blind. I was trying this out.

Out of about 15 shots, this one stood out as appealing to me. Technically, it is very poor. There is motion blur and it is very over-exposed. But I get an ethereal feeling from it as if travelers are leaving the current world and going to the next.


1/10 f/3.5 ISO 800 EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18 mm Canon EOS 40D
Union Station,Toronto,Ontario

No comments: