Friday, January 07, 2011

Project365 007: New New Wine Part 1


I wasn't completely thrilled with yesterday's post, so I thought I should try again. This time I changed a few things. I used my speedlite in a softbox to provide the main light (from the right)  which meant the candles weren't as bright and overexposed. I used a gold reflector to bounce some of that light back on the left. I also used my body to block the light coming back at the camera to improve contrast. A little more care was taken with regards to the location of the reflections. Much better I think. By the way I also added a a light gold gel to the flash to warm it up.

However I still wasn't happy with the reflections. So what could I do - change bottles! For the second image I swapped to a frosted bottle which provided much softer reflections. Which do you prefer?


1/200 f/8 ISO 400 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 35 mm Canon EOS 40D
Richmond Hill,Ontario


1/200 f/8 ISO 400 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 35 mm Canon EOS 40D
Richmond Hill,Ontario

No comments: