Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Project365 004: The Egg


30 minutes to go before midnight. My escalator idea bombed. I'll have to go after that another day. I got an okay shot of tomatoes at the grocery store but it wasn't stellar. So what now?

DPS had published a list of ideas for P365 - a different theme for each week. This week is newness. Hmmm. Ummm. An Egg? Beginning? Okay I'll go with that. But how to make it different? What if I could make it glow? Maybe pink or green?

So I present a glowing pick egg. Impressed? I'm not and I think my wife was left speechless. Although the result may not be great, I did learn a lot as I tried various comninations of strobe, gel and position. I also learned that my off-camera flash cord is too short.


2" f/2.8 ISO 400 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 190 mm Canon EOS 40D

No comments: