Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Red Door


"I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Rev 3:20"

This is a  3 exposure HDR, tone mapped in HDR Efex Pro, and geometry correction in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.

I have done several tone mappings using HDR Efex Pro using the trial, and now also since unwrapping my own copy on the 25th. Numerous authors and podcasters have written about having more control and faster processing using Photomatix Pro, but I really have found I like the results obtainable using Nik's software.

If you look at the three smaller original images below, you'll see that the building had a tilt to it, I used Lightroom's lens correction features to straighten it out a bit. It is still a little crooked. There are two things that would has given it a better result. 1. Stand exactly dead centre on the building so that fewer corrections would be needed, and 2. stand a little further back to give a wider field of view so that I would have more flexibility in the final cropping.



f/8 ISO 400 EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM @ 10 mm Canon EOS 40D
Connecticut

For comparison purposes, here are the three source images.



1/50 f/8 ISO 400
1/200 f/8 ISO 400
1/13 f/8 ISO 400

No comments: