Monday, December 13, 2010

Peppers #1 through 31

80 years ago, Edward Weston produced an image called Pepper No. 30. The fact that this is number 30, implies that the were 29 that proceeded it. I have never seen the others.

In our modern digital times, we can do things a whole lot faster. Here is my Peppers No 1- 31. More than Weston published and I bet I spent less time on this image than Weston spent on any of his. Faster is better, right?

One of the areas I am going to concentrate on in the coming year is taking more time to take a picture. I want to be more contemplative and better pre-visualize the outcome. I want to learn to more fully explore a subject. What about you - do you take enough time ?

1/80 f/5 ISO 640 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 80 mm Canon EOS 40D
Fish Market,Seattle,Washington

No comments: