Saturday, October 09, 2010

Grand Canyon - South Rim

This is the south rim of the Grand Canyon. A place the millions of people visit each year. We only had a few hours and of course this was in the mid day sun. The technique I used to create this picture was to capture three images: one with normal exposure, one under exposed by two stops, and a third over exposed by two stops. In my mind, this process helps compensate for the harsh lighting. What do you think?

Another thing I have done was compensate for the lens distortions created by my lens using the lens profiles shipped with Lightroom 3. In composing this photo, I tried to get something in the foreground - the trees. The mid-ground - the main part of the Canyon and then the far rim to finish it off. Do you like the result?



1/400 1/100 and 1/1600  f/8 ISO 400 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 24 mm Canon EOS 40D
South Rim,Grand Canyon,Arizona

No comments: