Monday, September 07, 2009

Imitation = Flattery

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Charles Caleb Colton
On Saturday morning I posted "What's in My Bag", and almost 12-hours later, Mitch Joel posted something very similar using the same Amazon widget.

I realize the "What's in My Bag" is a common question which is discussed in the blogosphere and although I follow his blog and podcast, he probably doesn't follow mine at all. Nonetheless it did strike me as something more. Odd how the brain can create fiction.

You might be asking "What does this have to do with photography? ". Well Mitch is a well known pundit in the marketing and new media space. If you have a photography business you should know that your marketing is skills are at least as important as your photo skills. Mitch's blog, podcast and book would be worth checking out.

No comments: