Sunday, August 23, 2009

Flowers at NY Botanical Garden

As Terry's computer is getting an upgrade, I wanted to publish a couple of photos from my recent trip to the New York Botanical Garden. The Wall Street Journal termed this garden covering over 250 acres and over 50 curated gardens as a garden of earthly delights. The Botanical Garden is a welcome and much needed green spot in the otherwise hustle and bustle of the megalopolis.

Flora and Fauna is my favorite subject for Photography. Both the photos were taken with Nikon D60 and my 18-200mm. The first photo is of a Sunflower cropped to fill the frame.




The second pick is due to the patterns of bright orange and crimson on the petals on a background on a wash of greens. I would be interested in knowing the name of this flower, can anyone help?

No comments: