Sunday, September 29, 2013

53Weeks 272 of 371: Pumpkins [Food 6/7]

Today's post is dedicated to Hans Blom (1933-2013).  

I found out this morning that a friend of mine passed away. I knew he was ill and my wife and I were thinking of visiting him in the hospital today. I left it too late. 

Hans was a significant influence in my pursuit of photography. I have written before that I had an interest when i was young but had not pursued it. 

Hans had a love for visual story telling. His passion was video and that was what brought us together. Our church was doing events that Hans was keen to capture on tape (back then) and I was the technical director and he need my help to get good sound. Together we told stories. We worked together directing camera crews and on post-production. 

Hans was a gear-head. He loved to get his hands on the latest gizmo. His passion wasn't for better gear, it was for telling a better story. (Although sometimes it may not have seemed like it!) 

When the first Digital Rebel was released Hans bought one. He handed it to me to check out and I was struck. This was about two years after I bought my first digital point and shoot. It wasn't long after that when I bought my own. 

Events in our lives took us in different directions. I have kept in touch, but not as often as I should have. But still whenever there is a new pro video camera announcement I think of Hans and always will. Rest in peace.

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 




Pumpkins [Food 6/7]
Glamour Glow and Tonal Contrast
105 mm f/8 1/200 ISO 400
Canon EOS 40D EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM

No comments: