Monday, March 19, 2012

Performance Boost for Silver Efex Pro 2

I was working on the image below with Silver Efex Pro 2 , and was wishing there was someway to speed it up. Every new preset I applied would take a second or so to paint the screen. I decided to jump through the settings and see if there was anything that might help. Low and behold there is a setting in the GPU section named 'Enable GPU processing'. I check the box and restarted the program and the performance boost was fabulous. I did notice in some of the forums that it can cause some people stability problems but so far for me it works great.

A gorgeous walk in the hard wood maple forest at the end of winter.


A Walk in the Woods
St. Catharines,Ontario
1/100 f/6.3 73 mm
Canon EOS 40D, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Silver Efex Pro 2

No comments: