Sunday, December 18, 2011

Project365 351: Descending

This was a very experimental piece. Water droplets and a five second exposure? Since they would just be in the field of view for a fraction of a second, how could I catch anything interesting? To freeze the motion I used my flash and set to to pulse at one flash per second, so during my 5 second exposure it would pulse 6 times. So the droplets in this image are different droplets, each caught during separate pulses. The orange hue comes from the bottle of dish soap sitting in the background. I originally tried to smooth out the noise in the background, but then changed my mind and decided to enhance the noise to give a texture to the background.


Descending
Richmond Hill,Ontario
4.9999996711455" f/18 153 mm
Canon EOS 40D, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
dFINE, Color Efex Pro 4 - detail Extractor, tonal contrast, and borders

No comments: