Saturday, October 22, 2011

Project365 294: The Royal York

The Farimount Royal York used to be the tallest building in Toronto and the largest hotel in the Commonwealth. Although only 28 floors tall its footprint is large and it is dominant in the block. This image only shows one corner of the building. I choose a vintage process for the image; it seemed to suit the 82 year old building.

I am also glad that the Farimount company decided to keep "Royal York" as part of the name. I feel it adds character and preserves history.

Did you know that there is a garden on the roof? I work in the building next door and can look down at the rooftop garden where the chefs all dressed in their whites tend to the garden and collect fresh herbs. I didn't know until I read the wikipedia article that there is also an apiary on the roof as well. I'll have to go look for it.


The Royal York
Toronto,Ontario
f/7.1 18 mm
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
HDR Efex Pro, 3 images vintage colours. Followed by Color Efex 4 for the framing.

No comments: