Monday, August 29, 2011

Project365 241: Red and Two White


This week's project 365 theme will feature chimneys. It is not because have a long list of great looking chimneys that I want to feature. Quite the opposite. I am starting with a blank page. There is no shortage of chimneys, but how do you make an interesting portrait of a chimney.

Today I took a little walk in a nearby industrial area and spied these three. The sun was blocked up by the clouds and these three look dull and flat. So I waited. There were open spots in the clouds, perhaps if just the right winds blew.

Eventually the sub broke through and lit up my target. I think it turned out.
 
Red and Two White
1/3200 f/2.8 ISO 400 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 190 mm Canon EOS 40D
Newkirk and Crosby,Richmond Hill,Ontario

No comments: