Sunday, May 29, 2011

Project365 149: Lilacs, Dandelions and Mystery

Today wraps up my Lensbaby theme. I've had fun trying to learn how to use a new tool. My learning for the day is to not tilt the lens too far to the extreme; that might be what you do if you want the focus right in the corner, but often you want it closer to one of the one-third nodal points.

Although I have ended with three flower images, I have also made a point of trying some other subjects too.

Our Lilac tree this year does not have as many blossoms this year as it often does. Fortunately there are still some of these deep hued blossoms that both my wife and I love.


Lilac
1/250 ISO 400 @ Canon EOS 40D
Ontario
Lensbaby Composer f/2.8

These three amigos were found in my local park - I don't have three dandelions (this close) in my own yard! Despite their reputation as a nuisance weed, they can be quite beautiful.


Dandy Dandelion
1/2000 ISO 400 @ Canon EOS 40D
Ontario
Lensbaby Composer f/2.8

I don't know what these are called, but we have several of themin our hanging baskets this year. Gorgeous.


Mystery
1/60 ISO 400 @ Canon EOS 40D
Ontario
Lensbaby Composer f/2.8 

No comments: