Saturday, April 30, 2011

Project365 119: On the steps of the Met.

So far this week I have not been straying very far from the industrial viewpoint for decay - until today. From the beginning I had thought about people who live on the street and what how that fits into many people's view of urban decay.  This is something we don't see out in the 'burbs very often.

My processing choice was strongly influenced by the subject. I picked the 'Film Noir 1' preset in Silver Efex Pro and then made it even darker. I felt that the darkness and the grain somehow put some distance between me and this man. Does it make you uncomfortable? I think it should.

The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. Mark 14:7 NIV

On the steps of the Met.
1/2000 f/2.8 ISO 400 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 190 mm Canon EOS 40D
Queen and Church,Toronto,Ontario

No comments: