Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Project365 117: Rusty Foot

I am having a bit of trouble with my current technique and process. Images like this work best in my mind if everything is in focus. But I am also using a large aperture because the light isn't always plentiful. This means my depth-of-field is limited. I thought I'd try focus stacking as a solution.

Today's image is a focus-stacked composite of two images. One which had the foreground point in focus and the other which had the foot in focus. The layers alignment and images blending were done in PS CS4. I then added some cruves, burned in a bit along the top, applied and Unsharp mask and added the frames.


Rusty Foot
1/13 f/6.3 ISO 1000 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 185 mm Canon EOS 40D
Lakeshore between Bay and York,Toronto,Ontario

No comments: