Sunday, March 27, 2011

Project365 086: Stranger in a Strange Land


I used to read a lot more science fiction than I do these days. I have heard the phrase Stranger in a Strange Land before, but can't say if that as in reference to Robert Heinlein's novel  or the phrase from Exodus 2:22 .

This cemetery near my house has many occupants who are likely first generation immigrants as many of these stones have non-English inscriptions. It would be interesting to know the stories of these many people and when they first considered leaving their homeland to venture to Canada.

I originally shot the front side of the markers, but then thought the backside was more 'strange'.


Stranger in a Strange Land
1/1600 f/2.8 ISO 100 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 78 mm Canon EOS 40D
Elgin Mills and Leslie,Richmond Hill,Ontario

No comments: