Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project365 044: STOP

Today, being Sunday is the last day of my geometric theme. I picked a rather standard eight sided object, but applied a 'Polaroid Transfer' effect using Nik's Color Efex Pro. I was also somewhat partial to the 'Beach Bypass' effect, but in the end picked the Polaroid.

The main purpose of Project365 is to flex your photographic and creative muscles. This week I really exercised my eye; constantly on the lookout for possibilities. With each candidate trying to asses whether it would be a suitable subject or not. Using today as an example, I actually had about 8 stop signs as candidates but I wasn't liking the backgrounds. This one stands out because of the texture the tree adds.


1/250 f/11 ISO 400 EF50mm f/1.4 USM @ 50 mm Canon EOS 40D
Elgin Mills and Bluegrass,Richmond Hill,Ontario
This image was made using:

1 comment:

Zenith said...

I would think the poloarizer effect would a filter you would use when you have a distracting or cluttered background (like DOF)...