Thursday, January 20, 2011

Project365 020: Serendipity Blue

Serendipity, an accidental discovery.

Today was a crazy day at work, a long day which included over 9 hours straight in meetings. So I didn't even have a few minutes at lunch to go scouting. I also knew that I would not have a lot of time in the evening due to other personal meetings. This didn't worry me much as I had an ' emergency' blue-themed idea I could execute on short order.

I did try that idea and the images were okay, but I think I could do better. However, when I loaded up my images from my memory card I received a surprise.

There were a few images there that I grabbed as I ran through Union to catch the train.  In the great hall, there is this huge window which faces west. We were into twilight at the time - sometimes called blue hour. This window has a tinge of blue but it is also washed with sodium vapour lighting which is very very yellow. I thought maybe if I colour corrected it might look cool.

What I am posting today is the result; serendipity blue. By the way, luck favours the prepared.


1/4 f/4 ISO 200 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 24 mm Canon EOS 40D
Union Station,Toronto,Ontario

2 comments:

puleen said...

Where was this picture taken? Very nice!

Terry said...

This was taken in the Great Hall of Union Station, looking to the west from the stair well area.