Friday, December 11, 2009

The School House

The first school I attended was a one room school house, but long before my time. I don't recall how many classrooms it actually had in the addition. I was only there for a year before they retired the facility. I can't imagine what the classroom dynamics would be like if you had all eight grades learning together.

This school was previously located at Dickson's Hill in Markham. It looks like it traveled well. I wonder what mischief occurred underneath these windows during recess?

The black and white conversion was done in LR2. The sky was pretty much a Grey blanket on this day, so there wasn't any detail to save. I did think about being lower, but I liked the window sills being eye level. I now wish I had done the lower angle as well so I could compare.
 
1/400 f/4 ISO 800 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 24 mm Canon EOS 40D
Black Creek Pioneer Village,Toronto,Ontario

No comments: