Monday, November 16, 2009

Excepto Moradores

First an apology to my regular readers. I've been offline because real life got in the way.

For the next while I though I'd review some imagery from a trip from a few years ago to Portugal. If you are thinking of taking a vacation, I would recommend Portugal. The people are friendly and not too many tourists have made it part of their stomping ground. This image was taken in Sintra. A quaint village outside of Lisbon. The buildings are very colourful and full of character.

I borrowed a 12-24mm lens from a co-worker for the trip. I didn't really know how to use it during the trip. The thing I should have know ahead of time was the technique of placing a significant item in the foreground - maybe not all the time but at least sometimes. In this particular shot I missed a great opportunity to get down low and make good use of the pigeon as a foreground element



1/1000 f/8 ISO 200 12.0-24.0 mm @ 24 mm Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Sintra,Portugal

P.S. If you are wondering what 'Excepto Moradores' means, my best guess is 'local traffic only'.

1 comment:

Zenith said...

Love the processing Terry!