Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Beside Still Water

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. " Psalm 23.

Regardless of your religious affinities, there is a reasonable probability that you can identify with the concept of tranquil natural environments as the 'thing' that charges your batteries which, as the verse puts it, 'restores your soul'. I am certainly one of those people. For me, the hustle bustle of city live is draining. A little bit of solitude is what I need to restore my balance. The quiet of an early morning by the lake is just the perfect setting. Having a camera to capture the moment is a bonus.



1/20 f/22 ISO 200 @ 32 mm Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Taylor Island,Gravenhurst,Ontario

The range of vibrant colours that were present in that morning scene felt a little flat when rendered as a JPG. I used Photomatix to remap the tones to restore some of the original kick.I am much happier with this version although the sky looks a little to green towards the right hand side.

1 comment:

Zenith said...

The relfection is simply outstanding. Very well written post