Monday, August 31, 2009

Unending Rainbow

This is the last day of August so time for me to pick a new them, but first to finish the month. During our daytime sightseeing flight We managed to catch a rare phenomenon - a circular rainbow. Unfortunately I didn't catch a picture of the complete circle. I think I could have if the pilot had tried a little longer to maintain the cirlce, unfortunately the steep banking required did not sit well with all passengers.
For a moment we even had a double circular rainbow happening. In order to create a circular rainbow, you have to be between the water droplets and the sun.



1/1000 f/3.3 ISO 80 @ 4.9 mm DMC-TS1
North west corner of the Big Island,Hawaii

Zooming in tighter you can see a more intense band of colour.



1/4000 f/3.2 ISO 400 EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 70 mm Canon EOS 40D
North west corner of the Big Island,Hawaii

I have enjoyed sifting through my many images to pick the few to share with you. Mahalo.

No comments: