Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Horse Power

At the times we were there the south point area of Hawaii always had a good breeze. On our way back from the green sand beach we came across this windmill installation. I guess the wind blows pretty good a lot of the time.

I like the composition of this image. I played around with several variations - horse in the middle, horse on the right. But horse on the left seem to click for me. The windmills form a regular pattern with the horse taking the 'place' as the first windmill. For many centuries horses were mans primary source of power but now we have move on, this composition tells that story for me.

If I could change a few things, I'd like to ge rid of the fence. I think that would give it more of a free spirit feel, although there might be an argument that the fence captures the horse. What do you think? Also it would have been better early in the morning with some golden light from the side.

1/800 f/7.1 ISO 400 EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 95 mm Canon EOS 40D

South point,Hawaii

No comments: